MMT: Observations reported here were obtained at the MMT Observatory, a joint facility of the Smithsonian Institution and the University of Arizona.
MAGELLAN: This paper includes data gathered with the 6.5 meter Magellan Telescopes located at Las Campanas Observatory, Chile.
TELESCOPE DATA CENTER: This paper uses data products produced by the OIR Telescope Data Center, supported by the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory.
MMT maintains an ADS library of MMT publications. To help keep this listing up to date, please send an email to Susan Wahl (email@example.com) with the title of any paper using MMT data, along with the journal reference.
Magellan also tracks Magellan publications, but this list no longer appears maintained.
- Raw data is distributed directly to PIs.
- The OIR Science Archive, a public archive of processed spectra, is located at http://oirsa.cfa.harvard.edu
Subscription Rate plot for MMT & Magellan (click image)
Time Allocation Summaries (all facilities)
Timeline of TAC process
- The TAC Chair announces the call-for-proposals roughly 1 month prior to proposal deadlines.
- The TAC meets 3-4 weeks after the proposal deadlines. Each TAC member reads, ranks, and recommends time allocation for all proposals.
- The TAC Scheduler sends the approved time allocations to the appropriate staff at MMT, Magellan, and FLWO, and helps coordinate the scheduling of CfA time requests.
- Telescope schedules are completed about 1 month before each semester begins. The TAC Chair sends notes to PIs who did not receive telescope time; MMT, Magellan, and FLWO staff send notes to PIs about scheduled nights.
Time Allocation Committee: Warren Brown (Chair), Nelson Caldwell, Charlie Conroy, Tom Dame, Andrea Dupree, Josh Grindlay, Scott Kenyon (Scheduler), Grant Tremblay, Dave Latham, Steve Willner, Jennifer Yee
MMT Council (CfA Members): Charles Alcock, Warren Brown, Daniel Eisentstein, Dan Fabricant
Magellan Council (CfA Members): Charles Alcock, Edo Berger
Magellan Science Advisory Committee (CfA Members): Charlie Conroy, Martin Elvis